Creativity as we all know it is the substance that fuels our thinking in the most innovative ways and offers us the best that we can expect from our daily life. Creativity is the artistic side of our brain where it works in surreal manner to churn out the most amazing ideas. The world loves creative people like painters, musicians, chefs, writers, or simply the people who create something wonderful from their figment of imagination. If you belong to the class of people who love to flex their creative muscles and get most of their ideas, then here are a few ways to inspire and flourish creativity in your thinking.
1. Share ideas with like-minded people: Believe it or not but sharing your ideas with people who think like you or with your close friends will really boost your creative thinking. The reasoning is simple: When you share your ideas, during the process of articulation it gets refined and your rationale focuses exclusively on that idea and gives you creative thoughts about it almost instantly. This process happens subconsciously and enhances your creative thinking. Now you know how those deep, late night conversations actually help you.
2. Be open to new experiences: As someone said an artist is the sum of his experiences, you cannot think with a unique perspective without being exposed to novel and singular experiences. When it comes to be bold in your thoughts and be innovative in your imagination, you really can’t hone that by existing in silos. So go out there, meet new people and have some fabulous experiences.
3. Connect the dots: Yes, the phrase sounds clichéd but its essence is not. Creativity is not all about originality, it is about having distinct elements that come together to give birth to something brilliant. The creative people who are celebrated worldwide always took inspiration from several people before embarking on their creative enterprise. A masterpiece is created after much thought, perseverance and inspiration.
4. Learn to love challenges: Nothing boosts your creativity like a good puzzle or a daunting challenge. We humans by nature are lazy and it takes something worth to challenge us and put us to some serious thinking. Never refrain from exercising your brain cells as doing so only makes you smarter than before.
5. Network with creative people: The company you keep decides a lot about the thinking you have. In presence of deep thinkers, intellectuals or people who love to do creative stuff; you will definitely grow and evolve. The sheer exchange of ideas in the group will improve your knowledge and give you novel perspectives.
6. Don’t mess up your sleep: You can’t expect to think creatively when all you feel is the hangover kind of effect due to lack of sleep. It is important that you keep your brain healthy and having good sleep is important for that. Make sure to sleep at least 7-8 hours a day.
7. Have a vivid imagination: Imagination is the key to creativity as if you fail to imagine or have a vision about your idea, you may never click. Once you begin to have the whole picture in your mind, you can easily put it into canvas, paper or any story board. So to encourage creative thinking, make sure to feed your imagination.
8. Learn something new every day: Having a healthy learning system will make you smart every day. Though it is not possible to retain every single thing that you learn however having a brief idea about the topic will also help you to join in conversations.
9. Explore more avenues: The best way to inspire creativity is by having a resourceful thinking. Try to find alternate ways to solve a single problem and come up with interesting and time saving solutions for your problem. This will help you to be open to new ideas and learn how to save time and resources.
10. Take time to relax: You obviously can’t be creative all the time as our brains get tired and need their unwinding time. So take time to relax and do some no-brainer work. Amuse yourself and enjoy the bliss of nothingness. This will give your brain some good breather.
Do you think these tips work? Do you have some better suggestions? If it worked for you, it might work for others too. Don’t feel shy to share, inspire and collaborate.